2009 – After participating in a networking event in the US for women executives in the pharma and venture capital industries, Rafaele Tordjman, the only woman partner in Sofinnova Partners’ Life Sciences group, is inspired to plan a similar event in Europe.
2010 – Embracing the spirit of collaboration and collegiality, Rafaele recruits 50 like-minded women to attend a dinner event in Paris. Scientists, physicians and charity directors are also included, from around the world, so that the entire healthcare value chain is represented. The name W.I.T.H., for Women Innovating Together in Healthcare, is then proposed for the group, and adopted.
2011 – Rafaele and Sofinnova Partners host a second successful Paris Signature Event, again uniting a formidable group of women from various roles across the realm of healthcare innovation.
2012 – WITH Association is legally launched in May, during the 3rd annual Paris Signature Event.
Executive Committee :
- Stéphanie Leouzon, Torreya Partners
- Sarah Shackelton, Abingworth LLP
- Catherine Moukheibir, Innate Pharma
- Rafaèle Tordjman, Founder & Chairwoman, WITH
- Karen Noël, Morgan Lewis & Bockius
- Florence Hendrickx Secretary General, WITH
2014 – WITH adopted a prestigious Advisory Board a step that will authorize the continuation of its positive development :
Advisory Board :
- Annette Clancy, Chairperson – Sobi (SOBI)
- Dr. Carol Gallagher, Pharm.D., Venture Partner – Frazier Healthcare’s
- Mary Lynne Hedley, Ph.D., President -Tesaro Inc. (TSRO)
- Dr Melanie Lee, CEO – Nightstar Ltd